Acne is one of the most common skin complaints, but there are some easy switches you can make to your skincare to make a difference.
Although there is no actual cure for acne, there is much you can do to reduce the risk of breakouts and ease the appearance of them – and Tristan Lee, known as The Gorgeousness Coach, and author of Move, Munch, Moisturise, has all the advice you need with top tips to keep your skin clear and cared for.
- Wash your hands before you wash your skin to minimise getting additional oil onto your face.
- Never use shower gel on your face. Invest in a mild foaming facewash, and use it morning and night.
- After exercising, always wash your face as it helps to reduce the likelihood of spots developing.
- Use a face scrub twice a week to really go with the glow.
- Stay away from heavily perfumed or fragranced face products as these can irritate the skin.
- For oily and acne-prone skin, opt for a clay face mask once a week. This will help draw out impurities. Yes, sometimes it can bring on spots, however, it is a sign of toxins leaving the body.
- Never wash your face vigorously.
- Invest in a face cloth and not a flannel as they are finer and kinder to your skin.
- Always splash your face with cold water after cleansing to close the pores from which you have removed dirt, and then pat dry on a clean hand towel.
- Drink more water. Keeping the largest organ of the body (skin) hydrated will help flush toxins out of your body. By drinking more water, you are helping your body look beautiful from the inside out.